Friday, September 27, 2013

I have returned . . .

Wow. It's been a while gang.

What can I say? I got bored. Sue me.

Look, this blog was supposed to chronicle my Crossfit journey, and for a while it did.

But then it became a routine. "Today we did sit-ups and push ups and ran 200 meters for 4 rounds. The end, thanks for reading."

And if anyone knows me, you know that when I get bored, I don't stick around.

Plus Kehau wasn't at the gym anymore and ripping on other people just isn't as funny. Damn you Upcountry Crossfit.

Plus all the guys that I workout with at the noon workout don't do anything funny. They just kick ass at the WOD. Have you seen Marcus, Brent or Aaron workout? They're beasts. That's no fun to write about.

But this blog was my baby, and every time I got to thinking about my poor I Hate Cardio website I would feel like the teenage mom who dumped her baby in the trashcan.

So I'm back. But there's gonna be some changes here, for reals.

First up, I may not just talk about workouts. Might be some work crap, local politics, current events, revelations from the Almighty, etc etc.

Still with me? Good. Let's get started.

First off, I worked out at Crossfit Hilo Iron a while back. Their gym looks like our old gym but they had some good equipment.

But that's not the story here. The story was that I was feeling like crap but didn't want to look like a wimp in front of the girlfriend and her gym buddies. Plus gotta represent RFM, right?

Anyway, I get in there and the WOD was row 1000 meters, do 50 KB swings and 30 push jerks at 145 lbs.

I got through the 1000 meter row, pushed out the KB swings and swear to God almost passed out during the push jerks. Still beat everybody else though, cheehoo.

But later that day I had chills, fever and was coughing so hard that I thought I was going to die. Doctor said I had pneumonia. Awesomeness.

Secondly, I'm on the board. See, we've got this wall of fame in the gym where they list the top three performers for certain lifts and WOD's. Like Bruce is listed in first place for squats, Brent is second for deadlifts, etc.

I'm on there three different times, most of them involving shoulder workouts. Push presses, snatches and that stuff.

I'm not in first place for anything but it feels good to see my name up there. Bump told me that Kehau didn't believe him when he told her. YeZAH! Tell your kids at your gym in the cane fields that I might be 41 but uncle can still lift.

So that's one announcement. The other is that I have expanded beyond Crossfit and I'm doing Bikram Yoga as well.

Ok I've only gone to two classes but I already know I want to stick with it. If you don't know, Bikram Yoga consists of doing 26 yoga positions and 2 breathing exercises in a room that is heated to 105 degrees.

The first time I did it I sweated so much that my shorts were drenched and my fingers were wrinkly, like from swimming for too long.

It's small kine nuts but I feel pretty damn good afterwards. And you stretch out all your kinks and stuff from the WODs.

I'm hoping to go once a week. Maybe recruit some peeps from the gym to try it out with me.

In related news, Marcus and I were talking about how freakin hot the gym was one day and I suggested just shutting the door and turning off the fans so we could do Bikram and Crossfit at the same time.

Marcus said, "Yeah! We could call it HOTFIT."

I had a good laugh at that but seriously, I think it's genius. We could make millions. That is until the first guy dies from heat exhaustion but by then I will have escaped with the money to a non-extradition country.

And on a more serious note, Kristi's dad passed away recently. I know he had been sick but it came as shock because I thought he was getting better.

Kristi's the heart and soul of our gym. We love you Kristi and we're here if you need us.

Later guys,

Rod


1 comment:

  1. One year between posts? You have work to do.......LOL. Come to Cali. I'll teach you how to post like a champ. See you in December!!!!

    ReplyDelete